Carl Sandburg College is dedicated to serving the educational needs of west and central Illinois. The College has served the area for over 40 years with accreditation that has been approved by the North Central Association of Colleges. Individual and community improvement through education is the goal of Sandburg and we strive to give individuals the ability to think critically, to realize their human potential, and to become a constructive force in their environment. The mission of Carl Sandburg College is to provide all students with opportunities for success.
Sandburg has many cooperative alliances that develop programs with neighboring institutions and seek to maintain or expand alliances within and beyond the College district. Along with providing exceptional associate degree level education for students, Sandburg also features over 50 occupational programs and continuing ed/adult learning in a hi-tech environment. Sandburg believes in providing educational experiences of occupational, preparatory, and continuous nature.
- In the spring of 2013, Carl Sandburg College enrolled 3,372 Students.
- 37% of college-bound students in the district attend Sandburg.
- Average class size is 16 students.
- 18 public high schools and one private high school are in the Illinois Community College District 518.
- The average age of students at Sandburg is 30.
- Students most commonly describe Sandburg as comfortable, reasonably priced, academic & career oriented.