Nuclear Medicine Technology Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements for the Nuclear Medicine Program
(Advanced Certificate in Diagnostic Imaging)
Nuclear Medicine employs the administration of small quantities of radiopharmaceuticals in order to evaluate the structure and function of an organ or system. Nuclear medicine excels in its ability to identify abnormalities very early in the progression of a disease, often before the medical problem may be apparent on other diagnostic tests. This 12-month program prepares radiographers to perform nuclear medicine procedures in hospitals, clinics, and imaging centers.
For Additional Program Information Contact:
Director of Recruitment: Dylana Carlson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-341-5230
1. If you have never attended Carl Sandburg College, complete a general application for admission to the College -
2. Submit official transcripts from high school and all post-secondary educational institutions.
3. Completion of post-secondary coursework with a “C” or better in the following subjects
• Human Anatomy and Physiology
• Medical terminology
• Computer applications
• Written communications
• Oral communications
4. Graduate from an ARRT approved radiography program with a 2.5 or higher cumulative G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale.
5. Provide evidence of active registration with the A.R.R.T. or registry-eligible status.
6. Complete the TEAS AH exam (formerly named HOBET).
• Reading- 73% or higher
• Math- 60% or higher
• Science- 39% or higher
• English- 50% or higher
• Total Adjusted Score- 54% or higher
7. Complete an application for the Nuclear Medicine program. Program applications are available through the
Program admission is competitive and fulfillment of the basic requirements does not guarantee admission. Class size is limited and is determined by the number of available clinical sites within each community-college district. Participating community college districts (in addition to Carl Sandburg College) include: Blackhawk, Heartland, Illinois Central, Illinois Valley, John Wood, Lincoln Land, Parkland, Richland, Sauk Valley, Scott (IA), Southeastern (IA), and Spoon River.
Applications forms and materials will be accepted from February 15 through June 15.