How to Sign-up for the TEAS V Nursing Pre-Admission Examination
(Prospective students wishing to apply to the nursing programs at Carl Sandburg College will be required to take the TEAS V examination.)
- Students must schedule a time to meet with their program advisor to determine their eligibility for the exam.
- When approved to sit for the TEAS V exam, your advisor will provide you with a registration form (two page form- white/yellow) that list the available test dates.
- To register for the Nursing Pre-Admission exam, TEAS V, complete and return the form, along with a check for $60, payable to Carl Sandburg College to the Business Office Cashier (E-101).
- The Business Office will stamp that your payment has been received. The white copy will be returned to the student and the yellow copy will be retained for in-house use.
- Note: You must be pre-registered prior to taking the test. Fifteen registrations will be accepted for each test date. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
- The TEAS V is administered through A.T.I. (Assessment Technology Institute), via computer. Therefore, your next step is to create an account on the ATI website: www.atitesting.com . At this time, you are not registering for a test; you are only creating a username and password that you will need in order to take the exam. It is very important that students keep their newly created ATI username and password in a safe place; as this information will be required for the day of testing or needed in the event that one would have to register for a retake of the exam. This process must be completed prior to sitting for the exam.
- In order to be admitted to the testing session, students will be required to present a valid photo I.D. and their ATI username/password to the test proctor in charge.
- Upon completion of the exam the student will receive a copy of their results. Students must meet with their program advisor to confirm that all the test scores meet the minimum eligibility requirements.