Admission Requirements for Therapeutic Massage (Certificate)
1. Complete an application for general admission to the College - Application
2. Submit official transcripts from high school or GED certificate and all appropriate
post-secondary educational institutions.
3. Complete MDT.100 and BIO.111 with a grade of "C" or better.
4. Take the HOBET V exam. Students are strongly encourage to review a HOBET study guide prior to taking the exam. Study guides can be found in the Sandburg Library. The following HOBET V scores are required for admission:
Reading - minimum score of 60
Math - minimum score of 55
Science - minimum score of 39
English - minimum score of 50
Total Adjusted - minimum score of 53
5. Meet with Vicki McMullin (Galesburg) or Ellen Henderson-Gasser (Bushnell and Carthage) to determine eligibility for admission and complete an application for the Therapeutic Massage program.
Admission is competitive. Only the most qualified applicants are admitted. Applications will be accepted February 15 through June 15 for the August start. If necessary, additional review dates may be scheduled. Applicants will be notified in writing two weeks from the deadline date whether or not they have been accepted in the program.
This program requires a criminal background check. Findings on the criminal background check may void the conditional admission and prevent entrance to the program. Details for these requirements are presented at the mandatory meeting.
NOTE: According to the Illinois Massage Licensing Act, an applicant must be “at least 18 years of age and of good moral character.” In determining good moral character, the State may consider the conviction of any felony or misdemeanor, or any crime that is directly related to the practice of the profession. Questions regarding your eligibility to obtain a license in Illinois may be directed to: Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations, 320 W. Washington St., Springfield, IL 62706, (217) 785-0800.