Opportunities posted with the Career Development Office are advertisements received from employers. No guarantee of employment is stated or implied. Please call Tracy Engstrom, Coordinator, at 309.341.5246 with questions.
Food Service Worker I - Galesburg, IL (1/20/17)
OSF Healthcare seeks applicants for the food service worker I position. Prepares and serves food to patients and cafeteria customers according to established policy and procedure. Performs all scheduled side work necessary for sanitation and safety in the work area.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and write English.
- Good communications skills, good customer relation skills.
- Able to lift 35 lbs.
- Bending, lifting, stooping required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
Apply online at http://www.osfcareers.org. Click on Search Jobs.
Front Desk Agent - Galesburg, IL (1/20/17)
Baymont Inn seeks a front desk agent. The purpose of this position is to provide superior customer service and operate the hotel’s front desk systems to assure the highest possible level of visitor and guest satisfaction. This will include answering the phones, process reservations, handle customer inquiries, and perform check-in/check-out of guests in the hotel in accordance with the hotel’s policies/procedures and the brand’s standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.
For a detailed job description and to apply, visit http://www.jankohotels.com. Click on Career Opportunities.
Home Delivery Driver/Merchandise Handler - Galesburg, IL (1/19/17)
Slumberland seeks applicants for the position of home delivery driver/merchandise handler.
Duties: Manage merchandise to be delivered and returned on trucks during shift in a safe and efficient manner. Set up merchandise, verify delivery items and returns. Perform deliveries into customer’s homes with responsibilities that include: dignity and respect for customers and their homes consistent with the Corporate Mission Statement, and follow established directives issued by store regarding actual work to be done at the home during the delivery and or pickup. In the warehouse candidate will be responsible for unloading, identifying, inspecting, tagging, and receiving. Responsible for moving and condensing merchandise within locations to ensure space efficiency. Move merchandise to and from show floor; display or rewrap for storage, delivery, customer pickup or shipment. Outgoing: unpack, inspect, assemble and wrap to ensure unblemished arrival. Ensure paperwork accuracy.
- Requirements: Candidate must have CDL class B license.
- Position will be part time up to 30 hours.
- Pay starting at $10.00 an hour
- Candidate may possibly have the ability to go to full time hours
Applications available in store located at 1270 North Henderson St. Galesburg, IL 61401 or send Cover Letter and Resume to Margaret.Kidd@slumberland.com
Temporary Date Entry Operator - Galesburg, IL (1/17/17)
NEED EXTRA CASH? WANT TO SUPPLEMENT YOUR FULL-TIME JOB, SCHOOL, OR RETIREMENT?
Bridgeway has Temporary Data Entry Operator positions available in Galesburg thru June 2017.
APPLY NOW FOR THIS SHORT-TERM POSITION
- Seeking diverse applicants
- 1st & 2nd shifts available
- Full-time or Part-time Seasonal
- $8.25/hour with increase in pay depending on productivity
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to type at least 50 wpm with 10 or less errors
Must pass background checks. Priority is given to individuals with disabilities/veteran status. Application available online at http://www.bway.org at the “Employment” link, or may be picked up at Bridgeway, 2323 Windish Dr., Galesburg, IL 61401. AA/EOE
Knox County Nursing Home Positions - Knoxville, IL (1/13/17))
Knox County Nursing Home has the following positions open:
- 5 Part-Time CNAs
- 2 Part-Time LPNs
- 4 Part-Time CNAs
- 3 Full-Time CNAs
- 2 Part-Time LPNs
- 2 Part-Time LPNs
- 3 Full-Time LPNs
- 1 Full-Time CNA
- 3 Part-Time CNAs
Please go to http://www.knoxcountynursinghome.com under Employment Opportunities to print out and application. Return it to 800 N. Market St., Knoxville, IL 61448.
Warren Achievement Positions - Monmouth, IL (1/13/17)
Warren Achievement seeks applicants for the following positions:
Adult Day Programs Administrator - Full time, exempt, benefits. Provide guidance, training, and supervision to staff in the Developmental Training Program. Screen/select prospective employees, supervise employees and conduct performance evaluations. Develop and monitor use of assessments and curricula. Provide consultation, and input into the individual program planning process. Monitor provision of service to consumers. Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Psychology, or related human services field, plus three years directly related work experience with individuals with developmental disabilities. Must be eligible to become a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional upon completion of state-mandated training. A valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
Residential Assistant - Full time, 2nd shift, some weekends required.
- Will provide support and direction to individuals with developmental disabilities in a group home setting.
- Must have a driver’s license and must be able to be authorized to pass medications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Van Driver - Part time, generally days. Will ensure safe transportation of passengers while observing traffic safety. Ensures accurate data recording input. Must be at least 21 years of age with good driving record. Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Apply online at http://www.warrenachievement.com or get an application at 1220 E. 2nd Ave., Monmouth, IL 61462
Front Office Assistant - Galesburg, IL (1/13/17)
Cottage Hospital seeks applicants for the position of front office assistant. Greets vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors, and arranges for transportation services, when needed. May operate a switchboard to route incoming calls and place outgoing calls. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Apply online at http://www.cottagehospital.com. Click on Employment.
Production Clerk - Monmouth, IL (1/13/17)
Smithfield seeks applicants for the position of production clerk. Responsible for data entry of daily production paperwork to meet product/customer requirements. Provides administrative support. Gathers and interprets data collected and compiles for distribution in department meetings. Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the correct labeling of identification, tracking and scaling information on boxes of products exiting the packaging process. Ensures proper functionality of equipment utilized during scaling process.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions .
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PC skills including experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and Word) and SAP, preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
Apply online at http://www.smithfieldfoods.com/careers.
Director - Galesburg, IL (1/12/17)
Knox College invites applications for the Director of the Gerald and Carol Vovis Center for Research and Advanced Study. The Vovis Center supports Knox students and their exceptional achievements by administering the Paul K. Richter and Evalyn Elizabeth Cook Richter Memorial Fund for independent work beyond the classroom, the Knox Mellon Fellowship and the Graduate School Exploration Fellowship. The Director recruits and advises students seeking national and international scholarships and fellowships, and organizes the unique Knox programs--Artists, Scientists, Scholars and Entrepreneurs of Tomorrow (ASSET) for outstanding juniors and the annual event HORIZONS: A Celebration of Student Research, Scholarship, and Creative Work. The Director position is a 12-month, half-time benefits-eligible position that reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs & Dean of the College.
- Design, monitor, and manage the application and selection process for Richter Funds and the ASSET program. Work with faculty advisory groups on the selection processes for each program.
- Write the annual report and annual application for Richter Memorial Funds.
- Work with the Dean’s Office and Advancement staff to seek funding for the ASSET Program.
- Organize and lead the Winter Seminar for the ASSET Program.
- Recruit students applicants for national and international fellowships and scholarships, such as Goldwater, Udall, Fulbright, Truman, and Marshall. Serve as the Knox College campus representative for national and international fellowships and scholarships.
- Work one-on-one with scholarship and fellowships applicants, organize and lead campus nomination and evaluation processes when required. Draft nomination letters on behalf of Knox when required.
- Work collaboratively with a steering committee to manage the Knox Mellon Fellowships.
- Work collaboratively with the Associated Colleges of the Midwest to manage to recruit and select students for the Graduate School Exploration Fellowship.
- Publicize the accomplishments of students associated with Vovis Center programs.
- Oversee the Responsible Conduct of Research CITI program for campus researchers.
- Supervise administrative staff.
- Master’s degree required; PhD degree preferred.
- Three years of direct experience in an undergraduate research office and experience in a liberal arts college and experience teaching at the college level preferred.
- External grant writing experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; strong planning and organizational skills.
To apply, please send a letter of application, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references to the attention of Dr. Laura Behling, Vice President for Academic Affairs & Dean of the College at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications begins February 3, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States as of the expected hire date and throughout the date of the contract without sponsorship from Knox College.
BNSF Traveling Mechanic - Galesburg, IL and Henrietta, MO (1/12/17)
BNSF seeks applicants for the position of traveling mechanic. Anticipated Start Date is 02/20/2017. Number of positions is 2. Salary range is $6221.79 per month. All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
Duties/Responsibilities - Maintenance and repair of railroad track construction heavy equipment.
Safety: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include: wear required safety equipment; respond to and act on safety concerns.
Equipment Repair: Repair and maintain engines including: 1 to16 HP Briggs and Stratton; 1 to 4 cylinder Wisconsin; Detroit; John Deere; and Cummings. Replace and maintain bearings and gears in Funk, Allison, and Clark transmissions. Maintain front-end loaders - Caterpillars and Motor Graders. Troubleshoot and repair 6V, 12V, and 24V electrical systems. Repair and maintain various hydraulic systems.
Operate Equipment: Operate large manual hand tools and electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic hand tools such as drills and impact wrenches. Occasionally operate backhoe, trencher, and other heavy equipment. Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures such as: wear required safety equipment; respond to and act on safety concerns.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- 21 years of age or older
- HS diploma or GED
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow and sleet)
- Available to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) subject to overtime, on-call and alternate shifts that may include weeknights, weekends and holidays
- Available to travel to and remain on job sites in designated seniority region for extended periods, sometimes days or weeks at a time
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs frequently
- Possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brake endorsements or am able to obtain one within first 60 days employed
- Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow and lunar (clear light)
- 4 years minimum of verifiable mechanical work experience or training
- 1 year minimum of verifiable training and/or experience working with gasoline and diesel engines on large, industrial equipment
- 3 months minimum of verifiable training and/or experience with electrical and/or gas welding
- 1 year minimum of verifiable training and/or experience with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic diagrams and schematics
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders, get on/off equipment and work from various heights including making repairs on top of heavy equipment and trucks
- Able to work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, lift, walk, stand, sit for extended time; and use hand tools
Training: Company-paid on-the-job training including preparation, equipment and expenses to obtain CDL as needed. Relocation assistance not available.Work Conditions: Extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment. Probationary Period: 60 days. Seniority District Transfers: Per union agreement, seniority-based, requires Director approval. Travel: Frequent and extensive over large geographic region. Shifts/Hours: Full-time, subject to alternating shifts, nights, on-call, weekends, overtime, holidays.
Apply online at http://www.bnsf.com. Click on Careers.
Rural Carrier Associate - Burlington, IA (1/12/17)
The Burlington Post Office seeks to hire rural carrier associates. These are non-career positions, which may lead to a career position depending on organizational needs. Hourly wages of $17.40.
Applicants must successfully pass the postal exam and have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of documented driving experience. Maintains pleasant and effective public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations and procedures.
For job details and additional opportunities search online at: http://www.usps.com/employment
- Click on search jobs online
- Select Iowa and click start
- Click on Rural Carrier Associate Burlington IA
For further details contact the Burlington Post Office | 300 N Main Street | Burlington IA 52601 | 319-754-7581
Customer Service Associate - Galesburg, IL (1/12/17)
Walgreens seeks to hire a customer service associate.
JOB OBJECTIVES: * Providing friendly, superior customer service with a smile
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: * Verbal and written communication skills* Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including days/nights/weekends/ holidays
Please visit http://www.walgreens.com/careers to complete the online application. Follow the instructions: Click on Welcome >Click on in-store >learn more: Customer Service Associate > learn more and apply online. Upon completing your online application please visit one of our stores to take the in-store skills assessment test.
Licensed Practical Nurses (2nd shift) - Galesburg, IL (1/11/17)
DD Homes is hiring full-time and part-time LPNs. This is your chance to work where work is better! You have worked hard; now have fun at work caring for individuals with developmental disabilities in their own homes.
- Nurse Student Loan Assistance (Up to $5,000)
- Competitive Salary | Health Insurance | Vision & Dental Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Accumulated Vacation (up to 5 weeks per year)
- Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare & Childcare)
- Prescription Medication Plan | Tuition Assistance | Cell Phone Discount
- CEU's Provided at No Cost | Day Work Hours | FUN at work
- Free Meals | Home-like Setting
- No Two Days the Same | Appreciative Environment | Direct Deposit
- Illinois LPN License | Previous Clinical Nursing Experience
- Valid Driver’s License | Ability to Pass a Criminal Background Check
DD Homes Network is a leading provider of residential services for adults with developmental disabilities in Illinois. We help adults with disabilities live life to the fullest! For more information, please visit our website at https://ddhomes.net/employment.php
Coordinator Office/Card Services - Galesburg, IL (1/9/17)
Knox College invites applications for the position of Coordinator Office/Card Services. This is a minimum 37.5 hour per week, 12 month position with varied shifts, predominately Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The primary responsibilities of this position involve operation and/ or maintenance of proprietary equipment and software necessary for the day to day operations of campus dining services. The successful candidate should demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills for direct communication with students, parents and college staff, both within and outside the department along with maintaining a high level of customer service at all times. This position reports to the General Manager of Dining Services.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operate & maintain the campus ID card production system.
- Assist with departmental payroll & accounts payable functions.
- Operate miscellaneous office equipment.
- CBord Administrator
- Coordinate schedules for student workers in dining
- Processing of ID cards for new hires, staff and students
- Daily maintenance of cash operations for all dining locations
- Billing departmental charges for food orders
- Maintenance of copy cards campus wide
- Processing Vending Machine Commissions
- Processing Laundry Machine Flex Dollar Commissions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft office and other windows based software.
- Previous work with ID card production and access system software is highly desired.
- CBord knowledge preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience in a customer service oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Mini-Previous experience in a customer service oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, Employment Application (found at. http://www.knox.edu) and the names of three professional references to: Rhonda Dalton, Knox College, 2 East South Street, Box K-200, Galesburg, IL 61401; or submit online to: email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Galesburg Castings Positions - Galesburg, IL (1/9/17)
Galesburg Castings is hiring for the following positions:
- CNC operator: Full time, 1st shift. Must have experience running Horizontal and/or Vertical CNC machines, 2+ years’ experience preferred. Person must be able to work in a self-paced environment, with a quality minded attitude.
- Accountant: Looking for a full time accountant. Degree required in accounting, with experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Must have in-depth knowledge of accounting software, such as MAS90 or Sage and strong skills with excel. Responsibilities include Accounts Payable/Receivable functions, on-line deposits, invoicing, maintaining the General Ledger and the company budget. Use of quickbooks is not a qualification for this position. 5+ years’ experience required.
- General Labor: We are looking to fill multiple positions in the foundry, including a floating position. This position will train the right candidate to operate multiple pieces of equipment to assist with rotation and backup of all foundry equipment. Requires someone with excellent machine operation experience, ability to perform general math and science skills. Operator will be required to drive fork trucks and skid loaders, perform multiple tasks as assigned and must be able to continuously learn new responsibilities. Full time 1st shift and future second shift opportunities available.
- Safety Coordinator: looking for a safety minded person to manage the companies overall safety and human resources position. Must have current experience with all OSHA and EPA regulations, including maintaining OSHA logs. Responsibilities will be performing all required safety training, maintaining a safe/environmentally courteous facility and providing continual improvement of the ergonomics of the organization. Will also assist with hiring and HR functions of the workforce. 3-5 years’ experience required.
Apply in person at Galesburg Castings, 940 Ave. C, Galesburg, IL; through email at Nick@galesburgcastings.com.
Yemm Chevrolet Positions - Galesburg, IL (1/5/17)
Yemm Chevrolet is hiring for the following positions:
- Automotive Sales Representatives
- Chrysler & GM Technicians
- Quick Service Technicians
- Customer Service Representative
- Service Advisor
Apply online at http://www.yemmauto.com/automotive-jobs-in-galesburg-il.
Assistant Produce Manager - Monmouth, IL (1/3/17)
County Market, located in Monmouth, IL, seeks to hire an assistant produce manager. For a detailed job description and to apply for the job, visit: http://www.mycountymarket.com.
Taco Bell Positions - Galesburg, IL (1/3/17)
Taco Bell stores are hiring team members. Apply online at http://www.tacobell.com or visit the stores to pick up an application.
Shopko Positions - Monmouth, IL (1/3/17)
Shopko is hiring for the following positions:
- Apparel Salesfloor Teammate
- General Merchandise Freight Teammate
- General Merchandise Salesfloor Teammate
- General Merchandise Truck Process Supervisor
- Seasonal Position - General Merchandise Freight Teammate
- Seasonal Position - General Merchandise Salesfloor Teammate
Individuals interested in these opportunities should submit a candidate profile at http://www.shopko.com/careers.
Lowes Positions - Galesburg, IL (1/3/17)
Lowes is hiring for the following positions:
- Sales Specialist Cabinets
- Sales Specialist ProServices
- Store Seasonal Employee
Apply online at http://www.lowes.com/careers or visit the store and apply at the kiosk.
HyVee Positions - Galesburg, IL (1/3/17)
HyVee is hiring for the following positions:
- Courtesy clerk (Main)
Apply online at http://www.hyvee.com. Click on Careers (located at bottom of page.)
Target Positions - Galesburg, IL (1/3/17)
Target is hiring for the following positions:
- Hardlines Team Member
Apply online at http://www.target.com. (Click on More and then Careers located at bottom of page) or visit the store’s kiosk at 1071 W Carl Sandburg Drive - Galesburg.
Dollar General Positions - Galesburg, Knoxville, Farmington, Aledo, Galva, Abingdon, Monmouth, Viola and Woodhull, IL (1/3/17)
Dollar General is hiring for miscellaneous positions in the following cities: Galesburg, Knoxville, Farmington, Aledo, Galva, Abingdon, Monmouth, Viola and Woodhull. For detailed job description and to apply online, visit: http://www.dollargeneral.com. Click on Careers
Seasonal Campground Attendant - Galesburg, IL (1/2/17)
The City of Galesburg seeks interested applicants to serve as the Campground Attendant for the Allison Campgrounds at Lake Storey Park in Galesburg, Illinois. Up to two part-time seasonal positions are available, paid at $9.35 per hour and working an average of 36 hours per week during the camping season between April and October. Note that the Campground Attendants are required to continuously camp on site and will be provided with full hookups as necessary. Camping fees for the seasonal Campground Attendants are waived for the duration of the season.
General Description of the Position
- Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate(s) will be responsible for operating a campground in a municipal park. This position involves clerical duties such as keeping records, documenting activities, handling money and using a cash register. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of campground rules and regulations, and the incumbent will become familiar with area attractions and recreational opportunities, to provide information regarding the Galesburg area. Candidates should be competent in public relations, customer service and communicating information.
The Campground Attendant will also be responsible for cleaning and maintaining restroom facilities, removing litter and maintaining camp sites. While operating the campground is the primary function of this position, employees will also assist with day-to-day park operations that include: opening and closing park facilities, performing park maintenance and grounds keeping, and assisting with special events as required.
Essential Duties of the Position
- Collect all fees from all campers at check in using a cash register. Record all information accurately and turn in all receipts to City.
- Patrol and supervise campground. Handle daily complaints and make sure all campers follow all rules of the campground. If problems arise, contacts the Park Superintendent or other authorities as appropriate.
- Maintain restrooms in a sanitary condition at all times. Sinks, urinals, and toilets are scoured and wiped off twice a day. Floors are mopped and walls are cleaned daily.
- Clean camp area of trash and debris daily.
- Mow grass around trees, poles, and restrooms weekly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Previous camping experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively required.
- Read, interpret and apply policies and procedures, and follow instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with other campers and City employees.
To apply, all interested applicants must complete an electronic application for employment through the City’s website at http://www.ci.galesburg.il.us. To receive proper consideration for this position, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. This vacancy will remain posted until filled.
Communications Intern - Galesburg, IL (12/20/16)
The Communications Intern is a part-time position that reports to the Communications Associate of the Galesburg Area Chamber of Commerce. Hours will be based on candidate’s availability. The position will work closely with all other Galesburg Chamber staff as well as the staff of the Knox County Area Partnership for Economic Development. Intern will be required to abide by all policies and procedures of both Chamber and KCAP, including KCAP’s confidentiality policy. The primary role of this position is to assist in managing the Galesburg Chamber’s presence on social and traditional media.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and creating content for daily social media posts
- Assist in maintaining the organization’s website (WordPress/Chamber Master)
- Creating layouts and graphics for marketing brochures/flyers (Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Assist in creating weekly and monthly newsletters (Adobe InDesign)
- May include assisting in greeting visitors and answering and screening calls
- Assist in managing communication and contacts in Constant Contact
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact with any questions
Financial Analyst - Galesburg, IL (12/16/16)
Knox College invites applications for a Financial Analyst. This is a full-time salaried position reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration. Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining forecasting models for complex data and benchmarking.
- Preparing reports and projections based on analysis which will be used to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making.
- Preparing yearly and quarterly reports
- Recommending actions to improve financial performance by analyzing results, monitoring variances, and identifying trends
- Assist with the development of the annual budget and monitoring budget-to-actual performance
Job qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or other related area; two years of successful experience in financial analysis; exceptional analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and identify trends; exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to communicate well with all levels. Knowledge of higher education financial systems and industry-specific issues is preferred. The successful candidate will have a strong ability to assume initiative by identifying required tasks and completing them with little supervision.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, Employment Application, and information for three professional references to Knox College, 2 E. South Street, K-200, Galesburg, IL 61401, or email to HR@knox.edu. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Heat Plant Operator - Galesburg, IL (12/13/16)
Knox College invites applications for a Heating Plant Operator. This is a 40 hour per week, 12 month benefited position, including medical, dental vision and tuition benefits.
Summary: Under the general direction of the Heating Plant Foreman and the supervision of the Director of Facilities Services, the Heating Plant Operator maintains the boilers and chillers in the Central Heating Plant, assists in the maintenance of the motor pool fleet, and repairs and maintains the HVAC in all campus facilities.
- Assist in keeping the maintenance shops, assigned vehicles, and work areas clean and neat.
- Follow good safety practices and correct or report unsafe conditions.
- Keep accurate records of work orders and keep the Heating Plant Foreman informed of the status of work in process.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the maintenance and heating staff.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of boiler experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of HVAC experience
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, or controls: stand, walk, reach stoop, kneel, climb, crouch or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, Employment Application (found at http://www.knox.edu) and the names of three professional references to: Rhonda R. Dalton, Knox College, 2 East South Street, Box K-200, Galesburg, IL 61401; or submit online to: HR@knox.edu.
Sewing & Knitting Instructors - U.S. and Canada (12/9/16)
- Are you a natural leader?
- Would you like to earn extra income?
- Are you being underpaid for doing what you love?
- Have you ever wanted to share your passion and knowledge with others?
- You can earn between $20.00 and $45.00 an hour.
- Work between 5 to 18 hours per week.
- Teach 2 to 7 classes per week, and more as you progress.
- Most adult classes are 2-1/2 hours each
- Most children’s classes are 2 to 2-1/2 hours each
We are seeking caring, creative, patient and enthusiastic experienced seamstresses and knitters to teach weekly adult and children sewing and knitting classes beginning May 2017. We are looking for these instructors also to run our children Summer Sewing Camps and Workshops. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching adults and children and will be confident managing and being responsible for groups of 10 adults and or children. They will be required to be involved in and responsible for managing these events overall, and the setting up and cleaning up. They will also be responsible for managing other instructors. An enthusiastic bubbly personality is a must! A great deal of machine sewing experience is also essential, however formal training is essential.
You will have meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge and experience in teaching adults and children to sew
- Must enjoy sharing expertise with students and guiding them through the learning process.
- Great communication skills
- Great problem solving skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups and individuals
- Relatability to students a must
- Bilingual skill is a plus.
- Bonuses are awarded
Contact via e-mail: email@example.com