Opportunities posted with the Career Development Office are advertisements received from employers. No guarantee of employment is stated or implied. Please call Tracy Engstrom, Coordinator, at 309.341.5246 with questions.
Administrative Assistant - Galesburg, IL (10/18/16)
Slumberland Furniture seeks to hire an administrative assistant.
Availability: This is for a PART time position only, with roughly 28 hours a week. Candidate must work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. $10 an hour/no benefits
Primary Objective: This position is responsible for assisting customers over the phone and in the store. The major duties may vary slightly depending upon the store location or market area.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities: This position includes but may not be limited to answering phones, taking messages, transferring calls, fax, scan, and mail. Maintaining office supplies, files, update tagging and pricing changes are required. Scheduling customer pick-ups and deliveries, check account balances and taking payments will be done daily. Completing electronic reports and communicating among the sales support staff is imperative.
Book Keeping Accountabilities: Candidate will be cross trained in bookkeeping and daily cash deposits. Balancing cash drawers, credit cards transactions, and maintaining cash buy requests. Having experience with processing cash, check, and credit card transactions is a plus.
Safety: Candidate must adhere to all safety policies and practices and demonstrate safe behavior.
Knowledge and Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED are a must. (on in the process of obtaining) Excellent computer skills in the following programs will be extremely helpful: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Point of Sale experience is desired. Must have a knowledge of basic math skills and being able to calculate taxes. Excellent customer service skills desired.
Applying: In person at 1270 North Henderson Street Galesburg, Illinois 61401, online at Slumberland.com under the careers tab or by email with a cover letter, resume, and references to Margaret.Kidd@Slumberland.com.
Galesburg School District Positions - Galesburg, IL (10/11/16)
Galesburg School District has the following positions open. Apply online at http://www.galesburg205.org or in person at 982 Harrison Street, Galesburg.
Substitute School Nurses
- LPN or RN Licensure Required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Dates and Hours Vary
- $25/Per Hour
Special Education Attendants
- NCLB State Approved Paraprofessional Certification Required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- $9.85/Per Hour
Substitute Special Education Attendants
- NCLB State Approved Paraprofessional Certification Required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Dates and Hours Vary
- $9.85/Per Hour
Pastry Baker - Galesburg, IL (10/10/16)
Innkeeper's is accepting applications for a part time or full time baker. This is a dream job for anyone who loves to bake. Join the culinary team at Galesburg's premier coffee house, baking cookies, cakes and all sorts of desserts. Part time positions available, 20 hours per week, 2 p.m. until 6 p.m., 4-5 days per week. Full time is an option for the right person.
$10-12 per hour to start depending on experience and ability. A passion for baking cookies and desserts is required. Extensive training is provided.
Apply in person or email your contact information to:
Innkeeper's Fresh Roasted Coffee
80 N. Seminary Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
Automation Technician - Galesburg, IL (10/6/16)
The Galesburg Sanitary District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Automation Technician. Please apply by sending a resume detailing education, experience, and references via email to: email@example.com, or mail to:
The Galesburg Sanitary District
2700 W. Main St.
Galesburg, IL 61401
Please submit application before November 4, 2016. No phone calls please.
The Automation Technician will work both in the office and in the field designing, implementing, and troubleshooting control systems and electrical components. The position is full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 pm; evenings and weekends will be required at times. Job duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Inspect, install, repair, maintain, calibrate, test, troubleshoot automation and process instrumentation, such as indicators, flow meters, transmitters, transducers, electric motors, switches, panels, lines, controls, regulators, actuators, and other equipment related to the District’s collection system and wastewater treatment plant.
- Perform preventative maintenance and service on all control apparatus, data logging and display equipment, communications and telemetry systems, automation, PLC software and hardware, recommend and perform software changes.
- Document and record all source code and ladder diagrams.
- Participate with others in developing process controls.
- Design system networks and control panels.
- Train District staff in use of automation controls.
- Perform electrical work including maintenance and repair of the District’s electrically controlled equipment, machinery, and wiring in District buildings and facilities.
- Assist other District personnel as required.
- Associates degree in Control Systems Technology, Electrical Technology or similar program, or equivalent combination of education and experience in automation and electrical work.
- Abilitiy to develop PLC and HMI code.
- Ability to design controls systems and select hardware and software.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits, proficiency with a multi-meter.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and electronic schematics, drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Possess and apply hands-on mechanical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Driver’s license.
- Physical demands include walking, bending, kneeling, reaching, climbing ladders and lifting 50 lbs; working in confined spaces; operating various hand and power tools and construction equipment.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal time, sick time
- Retirement plan
Buffalo Wild Wings Positions - Galesburg, IL (10/6/16)
Buffalo Wild Wings is hiring for the following positions. Apply online at http://www.jointeamBWW.com.
Bartender | Cashier | Dishwasher | Manager | Host/Hostess | Server | Busser | Cook
Custodian - Galesburg, IL (10/5/16)
Knox College is seeking a Custodian. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefit eligible position for the Tuesday – Saturday, 4 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. position. Shifts could vary from days and times indicated, to include holidays.
Primary responsibilities include cleaning duties in assigned areas following the standards set by the College. Typical duties include dust mopping, sweeping, wet mopping, vacuuming, dusting, waxing, cleaning rest rooms, removing trash, polishing furniture, cleaning high places requiring the use of ladders and extension poles, using motor driven equipment to strip, scrub, and polish floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpet. Additional responsibilities include removing snow from building entrances, assisting in moving heavy items, and setting up rooms for conferences.
- Two years of direct custodial experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to move or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass a background check.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, Employment Application, , and the names of three professional references to: Rhonda R. Dalton, Knox College, 2 East South Street, Box K-200, Galesburg, IL 61401; or submit online to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yard Driver - Galesburg, IL (10/5/16)
Renzenberger, Inc., located in Galesburg, IL, seeks to hire yard drivers. To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to meet each essential duty and responsibility to a satisfactorily level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires an individual to be able to change a tire and lift up to 70 lbs. consistently.
- Valid Drivers License with no more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years, no driving-related alcohol or drug related convictions within the last 3 years, no careless/reckless driving conviction with the last 3 years.
- Clean Controlled Substance Screen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a clear understanding of the English language
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
Apply online at http://www.renzenberger.com. Click on Careers.
Big Lots Positions - Galesburg, IL (10/5/16)
Big Lots is hiring for the following positions.
- Store Associate/Stocker
- Seasonsl Store Associate/Stocker
For detailed job descriptions and to apply, visit: http://www.biglots.com/corporate/careers.
Housekeeping/Laundry Aide - Roseville, IL (10/5/16)
Roseville Rehab and Health Care seeks to fill a housekeeping/laundry aide position. Must pleasant, tactful & courteous with ability to work with others.
- Perform housekeeping & cleaning activities within the guidelines of assigned areas
- Follow assigned cleaning schedule outlined by housekeeping department.
Apply online at: http://www.petersenhealthcare.net. Click on Job Openings.
Kohls Positions - Galesburg, IL (10/5/16)
Kohls is hiring for the following positions:
- Seasonal Associate
- Seasonal Freight Associate (early mornings)
For a detailed job description and to apply, visit http://www.kohlscareers.com. Click on Jobs.
Receptionist - Galesburg, IL (10/5/16)
Galesburg Cottage Hospital seeks to fill a receptionist position. Greets vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors, and arranges for transportation services, when needed. May operate a switchboard to route incoming calls and place outgoing calls. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Forecasted paid hours per shift 8 | Forecasted hours per pay week 16. Apply online at http://www.cottagehospital.com. Click on Employment at the top of the page.
Switchboard Operator - Galesburg, IL (10/5/16)
OSF Healthcare seeks to hire a switchboard operator. This position is primarily responsible for performing the duties of operator per assigned shift. He or she will also provide clerical support to the Patient Access Department as needed according to established hospital policies and procedures.
- High School education.
- Ability to type 35 wpm.
- Clerical, typing, and computer skills required.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates emotional stability during stressful situations.
- Ability to handle detail.
- Data entry computer skills and ability to type.
- Minimum of 1 year business or hospital experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- 1 to 2 years college with business courses preferred, but not mandatory.
Apply online at http://www.osfcareers.org.
Front Desk Receptionist - Monmouth, IL (10/5/16)
AmericInn Hotel in Monmouth is looking for an individual to fill front desk receptionist position. Needing someone to work 3-5 days a week shifts would be either 2nd shift or 3rd shift and could be one day 3rd shift next day 2nd shift so the ability to do a turn around is crucial. Need to be able to work alone and as a team. Good customer service skills, multitasker, computer skills, cleaning skills. Front desk is responsible for the hotel and its guest at all times. Most of the time you are the only one here so must be able to handle situations and be manager on duty. Duties include but not limited to: Making reservations, check in and out guest, cleaning, laundry, making coffee, setting up breakfast, night audit paper work and taking care of guest. Dependability and trustworthiness is a must. Please stop in hotel to fill out application at 1 AmericInn Way, Monmouth. Looking to hire asap.
Salary: $8.50 /hour. Required education - High school or equivalent
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative - Galesburg, IL (10/4/16)
Bertis Carlson Trucking is a family owned and operated flatbed trucking company located in Galesburg, IL for 40 years. We are currently seeking a full time replacement dispatcher in our operations team. Candidate is responsible for assigning and booking freight on a daily basis. Candidate will interact closely with drivers to ensure on time pickup and delivery of all loads. General customer service skills needed to work with both customers and drivers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Geographical knowledge of the United States and ability to read maps
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational skills including planning, time management, and scheduling
- Ability to make basic mathematical computations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload while remaining calm and focused in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work proficiently with strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated positive attitude
- Experience in transportation/logistics industry preferred but not required
Must be able to sit for long periods; be able to use common office tools and technology, such as cell phone, office telephone, calculator, computer, and other electronic devices.
The candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimum direct supervision. Needs to be able to work in a stressful, deadline oriented environment which requires thinking and acting quickly and creatively to resolve problems. Must be able to memorize and recall detailed information while communicating with customers as well as drivers.
- High school or equivalent.
Send resume through Indeed or call (309) 343-9919 for more information.
Application Reviewer - Galesburg, IL (10/3/16)
Part-time, Seasonal Position: October-March. Knox College seeks detail-oriented, analytical individuals with strong written communication skills for seasonal positions as Application Reviewers in the Office of Admission. Schedule will vary weekly (up to 30 hours) based on the volume of applications received.
Application Reviewers perform the initial, holistic review of applications for admission, including the qualitative and quantitative review of transcripts, standardized test scores, essays and written submissions, recommendations, and other evidence of student preparation, match, and fit with Knox College. Applications are reviewed and evaluated digitally and can usually be done at home. To work from home, you must provide a personal computer or laptop that meets the requirements to be connected to the Knox College network, and provide a sufficient high-speed internet connection.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in high school teaching or counseling or in college admission is a plus
- Ability to understand, analyze, evaluate written and quantitative information; to organize and prioritize work; to manage multiple tasks; and to complete tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Proficiency in using a personal computer, including email, spreadsheet, and common web-based applications
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and willingness to adapt to change
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity in college admission
To apply, submit via email a letter of application describing your qualifications, resume, Employment Application (available at www.knox.edu/employment-at-knox), and a list of three references to Rhonda Dalton at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Resource Sharing & Interlibrary Loan Manager - Galesburg, IL (9/28/16)
Knox College is seeking a service-oriented individual to serve as the Resource Sharing & Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Manager in the Knox College Library. This is a full-time benefited position.
As a member of a dynamic staff team, the Resource Sharing Manager will provide high levels of interlibrary loan services to Knox’s students and faculty through the coordination and continuous review of all ILL processes, training and supervision of a student staff performing routine ILL processes, communication with partner libraries, compilation of ILL statistics and reports, and copyright verification and reporting.
Requirements: a B.A. /B.S. degree, or AA with Library Technical Assistant certification. Preferred: Further experience in higher education, experience with one or more of the following: Voyager integrated library systems, I-Share Universal borrowing, OCLC WorldShare, or the ILLiad interlibrary loan program.
Qualifications: Ability to interpret and apply a wide variety of library policies and procedures in an academic environment subject to rapid technological and organizational change; experience with standard office software such as MS Word and Excel; experience with at least one other proprietary software program in a work setting; a minimum of one year of relevant library experience or other experience learning and demonstrating the skills necessary for this position.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The anticipated start date for the position is October 15.
Please send cover letter, resume, Employment Application (found on Knox website), Voluntary Applicant Self-Identification Form (optional and found on Knox website), and the names of three professional references to: Rhonda Dalton, Knox College, 2 East South Street, Box K-200, Galesburg IL 61401; or submit online to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant or Associate Director of Campus Life for Student Engagement - Galesburg, IL (9/28/16
Knox College seeks an enthusiastic, creative, and goal-oriented student affairs professional for the position of Assistant or Associate Director of Student Engagement within the Division of Student Development. This is a full-time, eleven-month, exempt, live-on position supervising paraprofessional Resident Assistants with an additional focus on leadership development programs and student organizations. A successful candidate will work collaboratively with colleagues across campus to develop, implement and assess an intentional and cohesive out-of-classroom experience which focuses on community engagement and inclusivity.
Specific duties include:
- Supervise one-third (approximately 12) of the Resident Assistant staff, providing guidance in and oversight of community building, conflict resolution, peer counseling, programming, community standards enforcement, and other developmental concerns.
- Serve as a primary resource for residential students regarding any and all developmental and community concerns.
- Facilitate the creation and implementation of student leadership development programs.
- Serve as general advisor for over 75 student organizations; develop resources and training programs for student organization officers and members.
- Serve as primary advisor for the campus’ large-scale programming body (Union Board) with a focus on event planning, budgeting, marketing, implementation and evaluation.
- Work as part of campus-wide duty rotation; respond to after-hour student and/or college emergencies as needed.
- A candidate for the “Associate” position will also act as a Deputy Title IX Coordinator, supporting the Lead Title IX Coordinator in the prompt investigation and resolution of complaints under Title IX and in the development and implementation of educational programming around issues of sex discrimination and sexual misconduct.
- Other duties and committees as assigned.
- Master’s degree is Student Affairs or related field required; three years professional experience working in student affairs in higher education, preferably in a liberal arts residential environment, preferred. Candidates should possess an understanding of and desire to work with traditionally underserved populations (i.e. first-generation college students, students from low-income households, students of color and/or LGBT students). Well-qualified candidates will also possess excellent organizational and administrative abilities, effective written and oral communication skills, compatibility with an environment focused on teamwork, well-developed interpersonal relationship skills, an ability to demonstrate an innovative approach to all responsibilities, a desire to discover efficiencies and improvement in existing processes, strong digital technology skills and a desire to keep abreast of emerging technology.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, Employment Application, and Voluntary Applicant Self-Identification Form (optional and found on Knox website), and contact information for three professional references to Knox College, Rhonda Dalton, 2 E. South Street, K-200, Galesburg, IL 61401, or email to email@example.com.
JCPenney's Positions - Galesburg, IL (9/27/16)
JCPenney's, located at Sandburg Mall, is hiring multiple positions:
- Merchandise Associate
- Operations Associate
- Sales Associate
- Seasonal Sales Associate
- Seasonal Operations Associate
- Support Specialist
Apply online at http://www.jcpenney.com. Click on Careers located at the bottom of the page.
Lifeguards - Galesburg, IL (9/27/16)
The City of Galesburg Parks and Recreation Department is seeking enthusiastic individuals to work as part of the aquatic team at Hawthorne Municipal Pool. Responsible for the safety of the patrons and the security and supervision of the facility. Morning availability is highly desired, with additional hours available in the evenings and weekends. No certification? Ask about upcoming Lifeguard Training classes. Take the challenge and apply to be a Lifeguard on the City of Galesburg website at http://www.ci.galesburg.il.us. Call 309/345-3683 for more information.
Lowes Positions - Galesburg, IL (9/22/16)
Lowes is hiring for the following positions:
- HR Coordinator - CSA
- Delivery Driver
- Customer Service Associate II
Apply online at http://www.lowes.com/careers or visit the store and apply at the kiosk.
Full-Time Laborer - Williamsfield, IL (9/21/16)
Are you (or do you want to be) involved in the agricultural industry? Would you rather work outdoors than sit at a desk? Is your goal to learn a trade and own your own business, not just get a job? If this sounds like you, please read on!
LLC farm drainage business established in 1997, based in Knox County, Illinois, is in need of a reliable, fulltime (as weather allows) laborer with a good work ethic and a willingness to learn. Required skills include the ability to safely lift at least 50 pounds frequently during a day, excellent listening skills, and the stamina to work productively in good and adverse conditions. Starting wages are contingent on experience and wage increases are contingent on performance. On-the-job training by the business owner will be provided.
- Must be at least 18 years old, have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation to jobsites
- Must be able to climb in and out of excavations several times per day and work productively out- doors in good or adverse conditions
- Must possess strong self motivation and have a willingness to follow instructions
- Must have boots and appropriate clothing to work in all kinds of weather
- Must be able to report to jobsites in a prompt and timely manner
- Must be courteous and presentable around clients and potential clients
- Locate existing field tile probing and shoveling | Install tees, make connections and bed material
- Perform backfilling operations | Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
- Experience with agricultural equipment and/or mechanical/welding skills would be a plus, as would a Class A CLD license or experience with operating heavy equipment.
- Training on topographic skills for layout and installation will be provided for someone with a willingness to learn
- Send resume, including references to -- D & L Drainage, LLC, P.O. Box 154 Williamsfield, IL 61489
- OR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR Contact Janet, D&L office manager, at 309-360-0840 to get an application sent via email or by USPS mail.
HR Coordinator - Galesburg, IL (9/16/16)
Lowes is hiring an HR Coordinator. This position will provide human resource support by responding to employee inquiries and concerns regarding, coordinating the selection and employment process including posting jobs, scheduling tests, conducting prescreens and coordinating interviews, and delivering new-hire orientation, and performing administrative functions
- Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months experience as a Lowe's store associate and skill in word processing and spreadsheet software OR
- 1 year experience in an office administrator, human resources, or supervisory role and skill in word processing and spreadsheet software OR
- Coursework toward an Associate's Degree or Certificate program in Human Resources or Business Administration and skill in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- 1 year administrative or human resources experience in a retail environment.
- 1 year experience in staffing including prescreening candidates, scheduling candidates, interviewing, and/or onboarding.
- 1 year experience in a Human Resources Generalist role.
- Skill using Human Resources software such as PeopleSoft or Kronos.
- Completion of an Associate's Degree or Certificate program in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- 1 year retail experience at any other big-box retailer.
Contact Dan A'Hearn, Human Resources Manager, at Lowe's store 92 in Galesburg (309-342-4488) or apply online at http://www.lowes.com
Knox County Nursing Home Positions - Knoxville, IL (9/12/16)
Knox County Nursing Home has the following positions open:
- Part Time Nursing Float
Starting wage-$7.75/hr<18 years old, $8.25/hr >18 years old. Non-Union, 4 Days/pay period 2nd shift hours:4pm-8pm. Job Duties: Assist with pushing residents out to Dining Room, passing ice water, keeping wings and kitchenettes tidy, helping with activities, etc.
- Part Time Licensed Practical Nurses- 1st shift: Hours-6am-2:30pm (2 openings)
- Part Time Licensed Practical Nurses-2nd Shift: Hours-2:15 pm-10:30 pm (3 openings)
- Part Time Licensed Practical Nurse-3rd shift: Hours-10:15pm-6:30am (2 openings)
- Part Time Certified Nurse Aides - *1st shift: Hours-6am-2:30pm (8 openings); *2nd shift: Hours: 2:15pm-10:30pm (3 openings); *3rd shift: Hours: 10:15pm-6:30am (1 opening)
- Full Time Certified Nurse Aide - *3rd Shift: Hours: 10:15pm-6:30am (1 opening)
- *2 Part Time Dietary Floats
- *Part Time Dietary Aide
- *Part Time Therapeutic Dementia Asst.-9am-3pm
- *2 Part Time Nursing Floats-4-8pm
- *Part Time Activity Aide
Please go to http://www.knoxcountynursinghome.com under Employment Opportunities to print out and application. Return it to 800 N. Market St., Knoxville, IL 61448.
Team Members - Galesburg, IL (9/12/16)
Galesburg Taco Bells are hiring team members. Apply online at http://www.tacobell.com or visit the stores to pick up an application.
HyVee Positions - Galesburg, IL (9/12/16)
HyVee is hiring for the following positions:
- Night stocker (Henderson)
- Courtesy clerk (Main)
Apply online at http://www.hyvee.com. Click on Careers (located at bottom of page.)