Opportunities posted with the Career Development Office are advertisements received from employers. No guarantee of employment is stated or implied. Please call Tracy Engstrom, Coordinator, at 309.341.5246 with questions.
Hog Farm Position - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Regular tasks include caring and feeding of pigs. Some light construction. A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and clean record required. Must be able to work weekends. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Package Handler - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
UPS is hiring a package handler. For a detailed description and to apply, visit http://www.upsjobs.com.
Loves Truck Stop Positions - Knoxville, IL (2/27/17)
Loves Truck Stop is hiring for the following positions:
- Customer Services – Restaurant
- Custodian – Retail
- Customer Service Cashier – Retail
- Assistant Manager – Restaurant
Apply online at: http://www.loves.com. Click on Careers.
Pizza Ranch Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Pizza Ranch is hiring for the following positions:
- Team Member - Front of House
- Team Member – Back of House
- Delivery Driver
Apply online at: http://www.pizzaranch.com. Click on Careers.
Host Family, Independent Contractor - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Do you live in Galesburg or Canton area and looking to get away from the 9 – 5 routine? Host Family Providers are needed to welcome adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities into their homes as roommates. If you love caring and working with people, but prefer a flexible schedule, joining the EP!C Host Services Program is ideal. Providers must have extra bedroom space for the individual to occupy, and pass state inspection standards. Position is contracted with a monthly reimbursement that is based on the individual’s level of need and is tax free. EP!C provides all necessary training to potential providers who pass a Health Care Workers Background check, can perform CPR/FA, lift up to 50lbs, have a high school diploma/GED, and have a valid Illinois driver’s license. If you are interested in bringing a new member into your family contact Traci Bradley at (309) 337-4867 or e-mail email@example.com.
General Maintenance - Monmouth, IL (2/27/17)
Monmouth College seeks to hire a full-time position responsible for a wide variety of general and routine maintenance tasks including, but not limited to: replacing light bulbs, fluorescent lamps and ballasts; minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs; provide assistance as needed to electricians and other trades staff; operating motor vehicles including light-duty trucks; transport, install and remove window air conditioning units. Work schedule (40 hours per week, 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. with ½ hour off for meal, Tuesday through Saturday) is and will remain subject to change, and may include late-night/early-morning and Sunday call-ins.
In addition to possessing demonstrated abilities, skills or aptitude to complete above tasks and related responsibilities in a satisfactory manner, successful candidate must be able to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals in a public, multi-tasked, service-oriented environment. High school diploma, valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
Competitive hourly wage plus attractive benefit package including group health insurance, retirement plan, and tuition benefits for eligible family members.
Apply in person at the Monmouth College Personnel Office (Poling Hall) from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (M-F, except holidays), or send letter of application, resume and references to Michael McNall, Director of Personnel, Monmouth College, 700 East Broadway, Monmouth, IL 61462 or E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales Associate - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Slumberland seeks applicants for the position of sales associate.
Tremendous Rewards -- Our Guarantee:
At Slumberland, here's what you get:
- Commission pay structure with guaranteed minimum - no draw
- Average fulltime income of $48,000
- Excellent compensation potential- top performers can and do earn six-figures annually
- Flexible full-time and part-time hours.
Outstanding Support -- We Really Do Care:
You don't want to just work at a job. You're looking for a career -- a career with scope for growth and earning potential. If you're serious about success, we'll support you every step of the way. We provide:
- A world class training program with two weeks of hands-on, face-to-face training
- Ongoing sales training to keep you up-to-date on the newest and best
- A caring company that promotes from within and provides loads of advancement opportunity
- The potential for franchise ownership
- An environment where employees tend to stay because, quite frankly, it's a fun, supportive and fantastic place to work
Applications available in store located at 1270 North Henderson St. Galesburg, IL 61401 or send Cover Letter and Resume to Margaret.Kidd@slumberland.com
Target Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Target is hiring for the following positions:
- Visual Merchandiser
- Logistics Team Member
Apply online at http://www.target.com. (Click on More and then Careers located at bottom of page) or visit the store’s kiosk at 1071 W Carl Sandburg Drive - Galesburg.
Construction Crew - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Cleary Building Corp seeks applicants for construction crew. Salary is $14-$17 per hour based on experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Simply show up and be willing to work hard
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to work in out-door weather conditions
- Prior building trades experience helpful, but not necessary
- Willing to train the right candidates
Apply online at http://www.workforcleary.com to be considered for this position.
Kohls Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/17/17)
Kohls is hiring for the following positions:
- Retail Sales Associate
- Part-Time Customer Service Associate
- Part-Time POS Associate
- Part Time Fulfillment Associate
For detailed job descriptions and to apply, visit http://www.kohlscareers.com. Click on Search Our Jobs.
Lowes Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Lowes is hiring for the following positions:
- Store Seasonal Employee
- Lead Cashier
Apply online at http://www.lowes.com/careers or visit the store and apply at the kiosk.
Sales Assistant Manager - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Rent-A-Center seeks applicants for a sales assistant manager position.
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Retail experience preferred
- Sales and collections experience a plus
- Friendly with exceptional communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid state driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to lift and move (push/pull) heavy items and merchandise as needed
- Typically works 38-40 hours a week depending on business needs
For a detailed job description and to apply, visit: http://www.raccareers.net click on “Search Jobs Now.”
Teller - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Wells Fargo seeks applicants for a teller position.
- 1+ year of experience interacting with people or customers
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Cash handling experience
- Customer service focus with the ability to stay positive in interactions with customers and team members
- Experience offering products and services
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- Ability to meet or exceed performance objectives
**Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply. Apply online at: http://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/. Click on “Search Jobs.”
Hy-Vee Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
HyVee is hiring for the following positions:
- Delicatessen Manager – Full Time
- Chinese Express Clerk
- Sushi Clerk
- Floral Delivery Person
- Floral Clerk
- Chinese Express Cook
- 2nd Assistant Manager- Full Time
- Courtesy clerk (Henderson & Main)
Apply online at: http://www.hy-vee.com and click on Careers.
Administrative Assistant, Dining Services - Galesburg, IL (2/23/17)
Knox College seeks an Administrative Assistant in Dining Services. This is a 20 hour week, 10-month position reporting to the Assistant Director and/or Director of Dining Services.
Primary duties and responsibilities include the upkeep and maintenance of student and departmental services as they relate to student, staff and faculty ID cards, student employment & scheduling, student board plan participation, purchasing records, and other the activities and information reporting and data entry as they relate to these services, as well as the supply and maintenance of essential Dining Services front line materials such as order sheets, signage, informational materials for distribution and office supplies. This position includes other duties as assigned.
Requirements include High School diploma, Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field preferred; minimum two years work experience in high volume office environment. Preference given to three or more years of related experience; demonstrated ability in the use of computers and software with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Oracle/C-Board application and ID card systems.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, Employment Application, and Voluntary Applicant Self-Identification Form, which can be found at http://www.knox.edu/employment-at-knox, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
Saint Louis University Positions - St. Louis, MO (2/20/17)
Saint Louis University is hiring for the following positions:
- Clinical Nurse - Vista Infusions (https://jobs.slu.edu/postings/11890)
- Medical Assistant - Internship (https://jobs.slu.edu/postings/6443)
- Clinical Quality Project Leader, TCPi (https://jobs.slu.edu/postings/10089)
Click on the links above for detailed job descriptions and to apply.
Corporate Accountant - Monmouth, IL (2/20/17)
Warren Achievement Center is accepting applications for a corporate accountant—full time, benefits. Responsible for inventory of capital assets and equipment, grant reporting and assist with grant applications. Provide back-up to CFO. Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports, year-end close and audit preparation. Assist with budget process and support Business Oﬃce. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, plus three years’ experience in a related field, or Associates degree in a related field.
Apply on-line at http://www.warrenachievement.com or get an application at 1220 E. 2nd Ave., Monmouth, IL 61462. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Maintenance Worker - Galesburg, IL (2/17/17)
Seminary Manor seeks applicants for the position of maintenance worker. ($22,800 a year)
Responsible for general & preventative maintenance of interior & exterior of facility & equipment. Maintain facility vehicle in accordance with manufacturer's specifications & facility policies & procedures. Test fire safety, sprinkler, emergency lighting, and exit signs in accordance with state & federal regulations, and facility policies & procedures. Maintain lawn, tress, & shrubbery, including but not limited to mowing, weeding, trimming, watering, etc. Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
Visit their website @ http://www.seminaryvillage.com to apply on-line or in-person at 2345 N. Seminary St. or call 344-1300 for more information on how to join their winning team.
Care Plan/MDS Assistant - Galesburg, IL (2/17/17)
Seminary Manor seeks a Care Plan/MDS Assistant. ($35,000 a year - Part-time)
Complete Care Plan & Resident Care Information Sheet with new resident admission. Complete assigned assessments with new resident admission, quarterly, significant change & annually. Complete assigned sections of the MDS upon admission, quarterly, significant change, & annually. Complete assigned CAA summaries with admission, significant change, & annually. Complete discharge & re-entry assessments. Review & update Care Plan & Resident Care Information Sheet quarterly & as needed. Other duties as assigned by MDS Coordinator. Must have LPN license.
Visit their website @ http://www.seminaryvillage.com to apply on-line or in-person at 2345 N. Seminary St. or call 344-1300 for more information on how to join their winning team.
Office Manager Assistant - Galesburg, IL (2/16/17)
Busy office is seeking a friendly and outgoing office manager assistant, to perform general office and administrative tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
- Front desk Receptionist duties including answering, directing, and screening calls; greeting clients; scheduling clients; filing; sorting mail.
- Providing administrative support to company management as requested.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Team player with an interest in learning new skills
- Outgoing telephone demeanor and friendly and warm personality to greet clients
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable.
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to detail and organization for administrative duties
- Excellent writing skills
- Call for insurance verification as needed.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health information.
- Previous office experience, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Associate’s Degree preferred
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license, willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
If you are interested, please forward your resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seasonal Recreational Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/16/17)
The City of Galesburg seeks interested applicants to fill seasonal recreation positions in the Department of Parks and Recreation. These part-time temporary/seasonal positions will begin between May 1 and June 1, 2017, and continue for a maximum of 1,000 hours worked over the summer season, generally May through September. ($8.25 an hour - Part-time, Temporary)
General Description of the Positions
- These positions assist in the City’s recreational programs and depending on the specific assignment, function as scorekeepers, nature camp instructors, concession clerks and recreation attendants, assisting permanent City employees in the Recreation Division.
- Must be at least 16 years of age; 18 years of age is preferred for some positions.
- If under age 18, a valid Employment Certificate (work permit) from the High School is required.
- A valid Illinois Driver’s License is preferred.
Required Skill and Ability
The successful applicant must possess the ability to:
- Must obtain CRP/First Aid/AED certification within two weeks of hire.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Read, interpret and apply policies and procedures, and follow instructions.
- Comply with all City and Departmental safety rules and regulations.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the public and co-workers.
- Perform moderate recreational activity in an outdoor environment.
To apply, all interested applicants must complete an electronic application for employment through the City’s website at http://www.ci.galesburg.il.us.
Dental Hygienist - Bloomingdale, IL and Algonquin, IL
Aspen Dental is looking to fill multiple Full Time Dental Hygiene Positions with more opportunities coming later this year. We are currently looking to fill Bloomingdale, IL and Algonquin, IL. We offer insurance benefits, 401k, and even opportunity for a monthly hygiene incentive!
- Licensed and or Registered Dental Hygienist
- Ability to manipulate small instruments, supplies, and equipment with efficiency, dexterity, and exceptional hand-eye coordination
- Physical Requirements: Mostly sitting, standing, and/or bending for extended periods of time
Apply Online at http://www.aspendentaljobs.com.
Baker - Galesburg, IL (2/14/17)
Knox College invites applications for a Baker in Dining Services. This is a 30 hour per week, 10 month position with varied shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Primary responsibility of the Baker will be for production of desserts prepared from scratch and/or baking mixes, breads, rolls, pastries, cookies and other bakery items. Ability to read and understand recipes, follow instructions, calculate and track quantities and use mechanical and digital scales is essential. Must operate various food service equipment including large commercial mixer and rotating shelf oven. In addition, the baker may be expected to decorate cakes, cookies, pastries and other items, for special occasions and events. Employee will assist other staff in the preparation, service and distribution of food, sanitation of equipment, and utensils in dining and preparation areas. Experience in a large commercial or institutional bakery is highly desirable. This position will occasionally include weekend and evening hours. May work in any Dining Services unit and perform other duties as assigned.
Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and stand or walk most of the work shift.
- Previous high volume baking experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have basic math skills, and be able to read and follow instructions and recipes.
- Sanitation certification highly desirable.
- Ability to move or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass a background check.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, Employment Application (found at: http://www.knox.edu/employment-at-knox) and the names of three professional references to: Rhonda R. Dalton, Knox College, 2 East South Street, Box K-200, Galesburg, IL 61401; or submit online to: email@example.com.
Part Time Front Desk Receptionist - Monmouth, IL (2/13/17)
Monmouth College seeks applicants for a part-time front desk receptionist in the Admissions Office.
Working closely with other staff as part of our admission team, this part-time (approx. 25 hours per week, mid-August through mid-May), support staff position is responsible for a wide variety of office-related duties including, but not limited to: greeting campus visitors and taking proactive steps to ensure a quality campus visit, use shared database and stand-alone applications (e.g., Excel, Word, etc.) to coordinate efforts with other areas of the College, etc. Infrequent weekend and evening hours required.
In addition to possessing proficiency with information systems and software applications to fulfill related responsibilities in a satisfactory manner, successful candidate must be able to work independently and as a team member, work effectively with a wide variety of individuals in a public, multi-tasked, service-oriented environment. Position requires regular and predictable attendance on the job during scheduled hours. High school diploma also required.
Please see the full position description for complete information. Competitive hourly wage plus abbreviated benefit package including leave accrual and designated paid holidays. Send letter of application, resume and references to Michael McNall, Director of Personnel, Monmouth College, 700 East Broadway, Monmouth, IL 61462 or E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pharmacy Technician (Non Certified) - Galesburg, IL (2/13/17)
RX Career Center is hiring a Non-Certified Pharmacy Technician for HyVee.
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Assist pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of prescription medications. Licensed, through a national certification program, as a pharmacy technician.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Working towards a licensed technician certification through a certified national program. Previous experience as a pharmacy technician or pharmacy clerk is preferred.
For a detailed job description and to apply, visit: http://www.rxcareercenter.com
Buffalo Wild Wings Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/13/17)
Buffalo Wild Wings is hiring many positions:
Apply online at: http://www.jointeamBWW.com
Salon Receptionist - Galesburg, IL (2/13/17)
JCPenney Salon is hiring a salon receptionist. For a detailed job description and to apply for the job, visit jobs.jcp.com/jobs. Enter in zip code of 61401.
Part-time Guest Services Position - Galesburg, IL (2/10/17)
Discovery Depot Children’s Museum is in need of a part-time customer service associate who will provide an outstanding visitor experience. The hours will vary depending upon program and event schedules and will include weekends and some evenings.
- Greeting and engaging visitors and answering questions about the museum exhibits, programs and offerings;
- Processing all admission sales, birthday party bookings and registration sales for museum events or programs;
- Assisting in increasing the museums membership base;
- Answering multi line phone to assist callers with information about the museum, programs, and services offered;
- Assisting with and finalizing gift shop sales;
- Operating cash register and maintaining POS system;
- Maintaining an inviting museum space, including resetting props and cleaning museum exhibit areas;
- Assisting as needed in programs and events;
- Providing outstanding customer service;
- Being able to handle problems and emergencies in a professional manner;
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with knowledge and/or experience in:
- Customer service
- General office skills
- Strong attention to detail
Interested applicants may apply at the front desk of the museum or email email@example.com.
Program Coordinator - Galesburg, IL (2/8/17)
Discovery Depot seeks applicants for a program coordinator position. Experience working with children in an educational setting. Degree in education preferred but not required. Management experience also preferred. Experience working in customer service is also a plus.
Job duties include creating, planning, prepping and instructing programs at the museum. Collaboration with staff, volunteers and community is required. This is a mgmt. level position and oversight of staff and volunteers is an expectation. Front desk duties, customer service and clean up from programming is part of the required job role. The job is between 15-25 hours per week and includes weekday, weekend and some evening hours. Salary range is $10 t0 $12 per hour.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in for an application- available at the front desk. Discovery Depot Children’s Museum, 128 S. Chambers St., Galesburg, IL 61401.
Seminary Manor Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/8/17)
Seminar Manor is hiring CNAs, an Activities Assistant and a Dietary Aide. Visit their website @ http://www.seminaryvillage.com to apply on-line or in-person at 2345 N. Seminary St. or call 344-1300 for more information on how to join our winning team.
Sales Associate - Galesburg, IL (2/7/17)
Staples is hiring a sales associate. For a detailed job description and to apply, visit http://www.staples.com. Contact the store after applying as a follow up.
Jewelry Consultant - Galesburg, IL (2/6/17)
Zales Corporation is hiring a seasonal jewelry consultant. Located at Sandburg Mall. Apply online at http://www.zales.com. Click on Careers (at the bottom of the page) and then “List of current openings”.
RNs, LPNs and CNAs - Morton, IL (2/1/17)
Morton Terrace HRC is now hiring qualified RN’s, LPN’s and CNA’s. Seeking motivated full and part time candidates for ALL SHIFTS. *flexible schedules *competitive wages | *benefits package *performance incentives. Please apply in person at Morton Terrace HRC | 191 East Queenwood | Morton, IL 61550 | 309-266-5331. Contact Tara, DON Or Jennifer, ADON
Campus Safety Officer I - Galesburg, IL (1/31/17)
Knox College seeks an experienced, energetic, individual to fill the position of Campus Safety Officer I. This is a 40 hour per week, 12-month benefited position (primarily third shift) in the office of Campus Safety. The Campus Safety Officer I reports to the Director of Campus Safety.
Responsibilities include patrolling the campus for the protection of students, employees, visitors and their property; responding to emergency situations; writing incident reports; enforcing regulations; and reporting any safety/security situations.
Qualifications include an Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice or the equivalent; one to two years experience in a related emergency services field; ability to patrol on foot in all types of weather; strong, professional written and verbal communication skills; ability to provide exceptional customer service; and maintain a valid driver’s license. Prior security training and experience is desired.
To apply, send a letter of application, resume, Employment Application; and Voluntary Applicant Self-Identification Form (optional) and contact information for three professional references to Knox College, Human Resources, 2 E. South Street, K-200, Galesburg, IL 61401, or by email. Employment Application and Voluntary Self-Identification Form may be found at http://www.knox.edu/employment-at-knox.
Part-Time Nightly Processor - Galesburg, IL (1/31/17)
NAEIR seeks to hire a part time Nightly Processor in the IT Department. Estimated hours would be 5-7 p.m. Monday-Friday after all employees have gone home. One night per month, this person would be responsible for working a 4-5 hour shift. Estimated salary is $13/hour. The Nightly Processor would be responsible for running computer reports. Someone with a programming background would be helpful. A social media background is preferred. Immediate start date. Interested applicants may apply by sending a resume to Bob Gilstrap at email@example.com.
Full Time LPN - Galesburg, IL (1/27/17)
Hawthorne Inn Assisted Living is looking for a full-time LPN for 2nd shift to add to our growing team. 401K with Company Match , Health, Dental & Vision Insurance plans available plus many other benefits. Apply in person or contact Bridgette Teel @ (309) 343-5050 for more information.
CNAs - Galesburg, IL (1/23/17)
Hawthorne Inn Assisted Living is looking for full-time CNA’s 1st & 2nd shift. Apply in person at 2245 North Seminary St., Galesburg.
Licensed Practical Nurses (2nd shift) - Galesburg, IL (1/11/17)
DD Homes is hiring full-time and part-time LPNs. This is your chance to work where work is better! You have worked hard; now have fun at work caring for individuals with developmental disabilities in their own homes.
- Nurse Student Loan Assistance (Up to $5,000)
- Competitive Salary | Health Insurance | Vision & Dental Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Accumulated Vacation (up to 5 weeks per year)
- Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare & Childcare)
- Prescription Medication Plan | Tuition Assistance | Cell Phone Discount
- CEU's Provided at No Cost | Day Work Hours | FUN at work
- Free Meals | Home-like Setting
- No Two Days the Same | Appreciative Environment | Direct Deposit
- Illinois LPN License | Previous Clinical Nursing Experience
- Valid Driver’s License | Ability to Pass a Criminal Background Check
DD Homes Network is a leading provider of residential services for adults with developmental disabilities in Illinois. We help adults with disabilities live life to the fullest! For more information, please visit our website at https://ddhomes.net/employment.php
Galesburg Castings Positions - Galesburg, IL (1/9/17)
Galesburg Castings is hiring for the following positions:
- CNC operator: Full time, 1st shift. Must have experience running Horizontal and/or Vertical CNC machines, 2+ years’ experience preferred. Person must be able to work in a self-paced environment, with a quality minded attitude.
- Accountant: Looking for a full time accountant. Degree required in accounting, with experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Must have in-depth knowledge of accounting software, such as MAS90 or Sage and strong skills with excel. Responsibilities include Accounts Payable/Receivable functions, on-line deposits, invoicing, maintaining the General Ledger and the company budget. Use of quickbooks is not a qualification for this position. 5+ years’ experience required.
- General Labor: We are looking to fill multiple positions in the foundry, including a floating position. This position will train the right candidate to operate multiple pieces of equipment to assist with rotation and backup of all foundry equipment. Requires someone with excellent machine operation experience, ability to perform general math and science skills. Operator will be required to drive fork trucks and skid loaders, perform multiple tasks as assigned and must be able to continuously learn new responsibilities. Full time 1st shift and future second shift opportunities available.
- Safety Coordinator: looking for a safety minded person to manage the companies overall safety and human resources position. Must have current experience with all OSHA and EPA regulations, including maintaining OSHA logs. Responsibilities will be performing all required safety training, maintaining a safe/environmentally courteous facility and providing continual improvement of the ergonomics of the organization. Will also assist with hiring and HR functions of the workforce. 3-5 years’ experience required.
Apply in person at Galesburg Castings, 940 Ave. C, Galesburg, IL; through email at Nick@galesburgcastings.com.