Opportunities posted with the Career Development Office are advertisements received from employers. No guarantee of employment is stated or implied. Please call Tracy Engstrom, Coordinator, at 309.341.5246 with questions.
Systems Administrator - Des Moines, IA (12/7/16)
There is an immediate job opening in the IT Department for a Systems Administrator for HyVee. The following partial job description explains this full-time position located at the West Des Moines Corporate Office. The position is primarily Monday through Friday with occasional overtime and some travel.
Administers retail, corporate, distribution center, and subsidiary systems, applications, and services.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FREQUENCY:
- Administers and maintains workstations and servers including peripherals and software.
- Troubleshoots workstations and servers including peripherals and software.
- Works with retail, distribution center, subsidiary and corporate personnel to resolve technical problems.
- Manages Systems alerting and monitoring tools used in the enterprise.
- Plans and performs disaster recovery procedures.
- Provides second level support and assistance to Support Services.
- Works with outside consultants and vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
High School or equivalent experience. Two to three years of additional schooling with an emphasis in computers is preferred.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must possess the ability to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; evaluate technical data; and counsel or advise people.
- Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at 20 inches or less up to 20 feet or more with or without correction; and color vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Fingering, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please apply online at http://www.Hy-Vee.com/Careers. The deadline for applying is Thursday, December 22nd at noon. To be considered for this position you must submit a resume to ITCareers@hy-vee.com.
Mechanic Diesel Engine (Journeyman) - Galesburg, IL (12/5/16)
BNSF seeks applicants for the position of mechanic diesel engine (journeyman.) Entry rate of pay is approximatley $25.34/hour.
- 18 years of age or older
- HS diploma or GED
- Willing to submit to a background review
- Available to work in geographic area indicated
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Work full-time (40 hrs/wk). Shifts governed by union agreement and subject to seniority. Mechanical shops operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week with three 8-hour shifts including weekends, holidays, overtime. Available to work any shift required
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Possess valid state-issued driver’s license
- Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow; hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Able to work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders and get on/off equipment; work at various heights including making repairs on atop locomotives
- Able to: work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand, sit for extended time; use hand tools
- Follow safety policies and procedures; wear required personal protective equipment
Training: Company-paid on-the-job. For a detailed job description and to apply for the job, visit: https://jobs.bnsf.com/
American Red Cross Positions - Galesburg, IL (12/5/16)
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Phlebotomist-Driver for the American Red Cross!
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a Phlebotomist-Driver with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches throughout Galesburg, IL and the surrounding areas. No experience necessary—our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
To learn more about this role, watch this short video: A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us.
Phlebotomist-Driver – Responsibilities
- Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors. Ability to load, drive and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist-Driver describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list. We offer employee growth and development, an incomparable team spirit and a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of health and 401K. To apply use the code rc2839 at http://www.redcross.org/jobs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required
- Experience driving large vehicles strongly preferred
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required
This position pays $14.33/hour and is unionized position.
Full-Time Assistant Manager - Galesburg, IL (12/5/16)
Rue 21 seeks to hire a full-time assistant manager. For a detailed job description and to apply for the job, visit: http://www.rue21.com. Click on Careers.
Pizza Ranch Positions - Galesburg, IL (12/1/16)
Pizza Ranch is hiring for the following positions:
- Front House Team Member
- Back House Team Member
- Delivery Driver
Apply online at http://www.pizzaranch.com. Click on Careers.
Baker - Galesburg, IL (11/30/16)
Knox College invites applications for a Baker in Dining Services. This is a 30 hour per week, 10 month position with varied shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Primary responsibility of the Baker will be for production of desserts prepared from scratch and/or baking mixes, breads, rolls, pastries, cookies and other bakery items. Ability to read and understand recipes, follow instructions, calculate and track quantities and use mechanical and digital scales is essential. Must operate various food service equipment including large commercial mixer and rotating shelf oven. In addition, the baker may be expected to decorate cakes, cookies, pastries and other items, for special occasions and events. Employee will assist other staff in the preparation, service and distribution of food, sanitation of equipment, and utensils in dining and preparation areas. Experience in a large commercial or institutional bakery is highly desirable. This position will occasionally include weekend and evening hours. May work in any Dining Services unit and perform other duties as assigned.
Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and stand or walk most of the work shift.
- Previous high volume baking experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have basic math skills, and be able to read and follow instructions and recipes.
- Sanitation certification highly desirable.
- Ability to move or lift up to 50 pounds.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, Employment Application (found at http://www.knox.edu) and the names of three professional references to: Rhonda R. Dalton, Knox College, 2 East South Street, Box K-200, Galesburg, IL 61401; or submit online to: HR@knox.edu.
News Reporters - Galesburg, IL (11/30/16)
WGIL is seeking full time and part-time news reporters for our locally owned radio group. Responsibilities include news gathering, writing, reporting and on-air anchoring, as well as contributing to digital and social media. We believe in local radio and in serving our community. If you do too, and want to be considered to become the next member of our award willing news team, send your resume and mp3 demo to Roger Lundeen, General Manager, Galesburg Broadcasting Co., Galesburg, IL email@example.com.
Front Office Assistant - Galesburg, IL (11/26/16)
Galesburg Cottage Hospital seeks to hire a front office assistant. Greets vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors, and arranges for transportation services, when needed. May operate a switchboard to route incoming calls and place outgoing calls. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Qualifications - Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Apply online at http://www.cottagehospital.com. Click on Employment at the top of the page.
Galesburg Castings Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/28/16)
Galesburg Castings is hiring for the following positions:
- CNC operator: Full time, 1st shift. Must have experience running Horizontal and/or Vertical CNC machines, 2+ years’ experience preferred. Person must be able to work in a self-paced environment, with a quality minded attitude.
- Accountant: Looking for a full time accountant. Degree required in accounting, with experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Must have in-depth knowledge of accounting software, such as MAS90 or Sage and strong skills with excel. Responsibilities include Accounts Payable/Receivable functions, on-line deposits, invoicing, maintaining the General Ledger and the company budget. Use of quickbooks is not a qualification for this position. 5+ years’ experience required.
- General Labor: We are looking to fill multiple positions in the foundry, including a floating position. This position will train the right candidate to operate multiple pieces of equipment to assist with rotation and backup of all foundry equipment. Requires someone with excellent machine operation experience, ability to perform general math and science skills. Operator will be required to drive fork trucks and skid loaders, perform multiple tasks as assigned and must be able to continuously learn new responsibilities. Full time 1st shift and future second shift opportunities available.
- Safety Coordinator: looking for a safety minded person to manage the company’s overall safety and human resources position. Must have current experience with all OSHA and EPA regulations, including maintaining OSHA logs. Responsibilities will be performing all required safety training, maintaining a safe/environmentally courteous facility and providing continual improvement of the ergonomics of the organization. Will also assist with hiring and HR functions of the workforce. 3-5 years’ experience required.
Interested applicants can apply the following ways:
In person: 940 Avenue C. Street
Or resumes can be sent to: 940 Avenue C. Street, Galesburg, IL 61401
Cottage Hospital Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
Cottage Hospital is hiring for the following positions:
- Patient Registration Specialist
- Medical Assistant Cert
For detailed job descriptions and to apply, visit: http://www.cottagehospital.com. Click on Employment at the top of the page.
Knox County Nursing Home Positions - Knoxville, IL (11/23/16)
Knox County Nursing Home has the following positions open:
1st Shift: 3 Part-Time CNAs, 3 Part-Time LPNs
2nd Shift: 4 Part-Time CNAs, 2 Full-Time CNAs, 3 Part-Time LPNs
3rd Shift: 2 Part-Time LPNs, 1 Full-Time LPN, 1 Full-Time CNA, 3 Part-Time CNAs
Part-Time Therapeutic Dementia Assistant
Part-Time Recreational Developer
Please go to http://www.knoxcountynursinghome.com under Employment Opportunities to print out and application. Return it to 800 N. Market St., Knoxville, IL 61448.
Lowes Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
Lowes is hiring for the following positions:
- Sales Specialist ProServices
- Customer Service Associate I
Apply online at http://www.lowes.com/careers or visit the store and apply at the kiosk.
HyVee Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
HyVee is hiring for the following positions:
- Night stocker (Henderson)
- Courtesy clerk (Henderson)
- Courtesy clerk (Main)
Apply online at http://www.hyvee.com. Click on Careers (located at bottom of page.)
Target Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
Target is hiring for the following positions:
- Executive Team Leader (Assistant Store Manager)
- Seasonal Team Member
- Hardlines Team Member
- Logistics Team Members
Apply online at http://www.target.com. (Click on More and then Careers located at bottom of page) or or visit the store’s kiosk at:1071 W Carl Sandburg Drive - Galesburg.
Shopko Positions - Monmouth, IL (11/23/16)
Shopko is hiring for the following positions:
- Apparel Sales floor Teammate
- General Merchandise Freight Teammate
- General Merchandise Salesfloor Teammate
- General Merchandise Truck Process Supervisor
- Seasonal Position – General Merchandise Freight Teammate
- Seasonal Position – General Merchandise Salesfloor Teammate
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v. Individuals interested in these opportunities should submit a candidate profile at http://www.shopko.com/careers.
Tellers - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union is hiring a part-time and full-time teller. If interested, please send resume and salary requirements and apply online at https://www.ihmvcu.org/careers.
Full-Time Broadband Specialist - Abingdon, IL (11/23/16)
MediaCom seeks a full-time broadband specialist I.
- Entry level; 0 to 18 months experience.
- High school diploma or GED required. Trade school training preferred.
- Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
- Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various work order forms provided by the Company.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers; ability to communicate verbally.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
Benefits: You'll get formal training, company vehicle, company uniforms, tools, netbook, cell phone, health, dental, vision, generous discounts on services, education reimbursement, 401(k) with company match, pay increases through self-guided study and more! For more information, visit online at: http://www.mediacomcable.com/careers and search under IL. Please refer to Job ID 10147.
JoAnn Fabrics Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
JoAnn Fabrics is hiring for the following positions:
- Holiday Team Member
- Seasonal Team Member
Apply online at: http://www.joann.com. (click on Careers at the bottom of the page)
Maurices Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
Maurices is filling the following positions:
- Temporary Sales Associate
- Temporary Sales Support Associate
- Sales Support Associate
- Assistant Mgr – FT
- Assistant Mgr – PT
- First Assistant Manager
- Store Manager
- Manager in Training
- Sales Associate
Apply online at: http://www.maurices.com/careers.
Store Associates - Galesburg, Monmouth, Aledo and Farmington, IL (11/23/16)
Circle K is hiring store associates.
- Experience in retail sales preferred
- Honest and friendly
- Report to work on time as scheduled
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English
- Ability to work alone (some stores have single coverage)
- Work with a minimum direction and periodic supervision.
- At all times work as an effective associate.
For detailed job description and to apply, visit: http://www.circlek.com. Click on “Working with us” and then “Apply for open positions."
UPS Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
UPS is hiring for the following positions:
- Package Handler (Galesburg)
- Driver Helper (Galesburg and Monmouth)
For detailed job description and to apply, visit: http://www.upsjobs.com.
Steak n Shake Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
Steak n Shake is hiring for the following positions:
Third Shift Cooks | Grill Cook | Server | Drive Thru Operator | Cashier | Third Shift Servers | Line Cook/Dressing Table | Food Prep | Cashier
Apply online at http://www.steaknshake.com/careers.
Front Office - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
Gailey Eye Clinic is hiring for a front office position.
POSITION PURPOSE: Provides service to patient’s requests courteously and professionally. Perform accurate and timely data entry. Process paperwork neatly and accurately. Gailey Eye Clinic is committed to providing each patient with the highest quality eye care. This position plays an integral role in accomplishing this goal by utilizing a broad range of skills related to the customer service and administrative functions of the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, and providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, exams or medical consultations.
- Greet patients, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Obtains insurance and demographic data and updates information in computer system.
- Operate office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare patient records and reports.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using personal computer.
- Hear, resolve, and escalate patient concerns.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, or other documents.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Organize, file and maintain records.
- Travel when needed to satellite clinics for assistance.
Apply online at: http://www.gaileyeyeclinics.com/employment/.
Front Desk Receptionist - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
Azer Clinic seeks to hire a front desk receptionist. Looking for an energetic, personable individual with computer and phone skills. We are looking for someone to grow with our company! We are a small therapy clinic in Galesburg IL, willing to train the right, motivated individual! Full time hours-- Monday through Friday. NO WEEKENDS! We offer a generous benefit package and competitive pay. Come join our team today! Please call for more information-Ask for Nicole or Julie at 344-3400.
Janko Hotel Positions - Galesburg, IL (11/23/16)
Janko Hotels has the following open positions:
- Front Desk Agent (Baymont Inn)
- Housekeeper (Holiday Inn Express)
For detailed job description and to apply online, visit: http://www.jankohotels.com. Click on Career Opportunities.
Part-Time Meat Wrapper - Monmouth, IL (11/23/16)
County Market, located in Monmouth, seeks to hire a part-time meat wrapper.
- Assist customers with requests and information
- Understand and use the 5 basics to increase sales.
- Wraps meat on automatic wrapper, semi-automatic wrapper, and manual wrapper following proper procedures for each
- Ensures all meat is properly priced, labeled, and code dated at all times
- Monitors quality of product to ensure appearance meets NFI standards
- Maintains wrapping machines. Informs management of any problems with product,
- equipment and any other daily needs for the area
- Understands scale operations and functions
- Maintains clean, sanitary and organized work station, storage areas and equipment
- Monitors wrapping supplies and informs management when supplies are needed
- Assists in stocking meat department products, fresh and frozen
- Tray miscellaneous product | Tray seafood | Couponing of product
- Follows all store and department policies and procedures
Customer minded | Product minded | Personnel minded | Detail minded | Stable minded Open minded | Good organizational skills | Good prioritizing skills | Customer service skills Quality minded | Passion for presentation
Apply at: http://www.myCountyMarket.com. Click on the Monmouth store.
Bus Driver - Galesburg, IL (11/2/16)
Corporate & Leisure College Educational Day Trips: The Corporate & Leisure College at Carl Sandburg College will be offering community trips in 2017. Day trips will be offered during the Spring and Fall semesters. We are seeking a person or two to drive the Sandburg shuttle bus for these trips. Previous bus driving experience is required. Those hired will enjoy the trips free of charge and meals will be included. In the past, we have often traveled on school district holidays or Saturdays. EOE. Pay Rate: $9.86/hr.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Corporate & Leisure College
Ph: 309.341.5330 | Fax: 309.345.3526
2051 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.,Galesburg, IL 61401