CAREER Consortium In-District Tuition Adjustment

(Formerly Chargeback or Cooperative Agreements) 

Carl Sandburg College participates in the Comprehensive Agreement Regarding the Expansion of Educational Resources (CAREER), which is a voluntary agreement that has been signed by all 39 community college districts in Illinois (as of March 2017).  Under the terms of the agreement, students may take advantage of career and technical education (CTE) programs offered at any other Illinois community college if the program is not offered in their home district.  The students benefit by paying the resident tuition and fee rates, despite living outside the community college district. The table linked below represents the contact information for the resident community college for the incoming student.

Cooperative Agreements at Illinois Participating Colleges


Contact your home community college district and request the paperwork for the Career Consortium.  The information below identifies where to go at your home college for necessary forms. Submit the information to Sandburg Financial Aid, Carl Sandburg College, 2400 Tom L Wilson Blvd, Galesburg IL, 61401. This does not change the student's residency status, however, the Out of district portion of the charges is waved with a financial aid credit. 

The student's home district will identify the terms covered by the agreement. The student is responsible to renew the paperwork for continued eligibility. 


  •  Tuition is billed with both in-district & out-of-district portions.
  • A financial aid award (TCOOP, TSRC) equal to the out-of-district amount will be applied to the account to offset the out-of-district portion.

These agreements cover student billing; they do not impact enrollment opportunities for selective admissions programs.


Name of Home District and Office to Contact at Home School

Black Hawk College - Instructional Services
City Colleges of Chicago - Strategy & Academic Governance
College of DuPage - Student Registration Services
College of Lake County - Education Affairs
Danville Area CC - Enrollment Services
Elgin Community College - Dean of Students
Harper College - Registrar's Office
Heartland Community College - Advising Office
Highland Community College - Enrollment Services
Illinois Central College - Enrollment Services (L211)
Illinois Eastern Community Colleges - Student Services
Illinois Valley Community College - Academic Affairs (each semester)
John A Logan - Instructional Services
John Wood Community College - Enrollment Services
Joliet Junior College - Admissions Office
Kankakee Community College - Student Services
Kaskaskia College - Dean of Career & Technical Education
Kishwaukee College - Student Services
Lakeland College - Enrollment Services
Lewis & Clark Community College - Enrollment Services
Lincoln Land Community College - Admissions
McHenry Community College - Records Office
Moraine Valley Community College - Enrollment Services
Morton College - Student Development
Parkland College - Enrollment Services
Prairie State College - Advising
Rend Lake - Community Education
Richland Community College - Student Success Center (C129)
Rock Valley Community College - Student Development
Sauk Valley Community College - Student Services
Shawnee Community College - President's Office
Southeastern Illinois - Student Affairs
South Suburban Community College - Student Development
Southwestern Illinois Community College - President's Office
Spoon River College - Online form
Triton College - Online form
Waubonsee Community College - Student Development



Pick up a CAREER Application from Student Services, Room E107, Complete the form and submit it for processing. For questions call: 309.341.5227.