The Admission & Records Office is also known as the Registrar’s Office.  It is dedicated to the service of faculty and students through registration, record keeping, and reporting. The Admission & Records Office works with academic and administrative offices across Sandburg to support our dynamic educational community and maintain the academic integrity of Carl Sandburg College.

Office Hours

Fall and Spring: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Summer: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Request your Sandburg Transcript

There is no fee for official Carl Sandburg College transcripts ordered directly from the College or Parchment. Small fees are assessed for transcripts ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse.

We cannot accept telephone requests. Transcript requests are generally processed within one or two business days. Transcript requests will not be processed on days that the College is closed, including weekends, holidays, and the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day.

Under the Student Debt Assistance Act (Public Act 102-0998), Carl Sandburg College will issue official transcripts to current or prospective employers, regardless of a student’s unpaid debt. The College can also issue unofficial transcripts directly to students as requested.

However, if a student has an outstanding debt to the College, the College cannot issue official transcripts for reasons other than employment until the student's debt is paid. When the financial obligation has been cleared, we will be happy to issue both official and unofficial transcripts to the student and any other institution/agency they designate. If you would like to make arrangements for an unpaid balance, please contact the Business Office at (309) 341-5210.

Transcripts may be requested in the following ways:

In Person

Transcripts ordered in person in the Admission & Records Office are generally available at the time of the request. Transcripts are generally mailed within 24 – 48 hours after the request has been received. The Admission & Records Office is located in Building E100 on the Galesburg campus. A photo ID is required. Office hours are 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.

Transcripts may also be ordered in the business offices at our location in Carthage. A photo ID is required.

By Mail, Fax, or Email

To request a transcript by mail, fax, or email please print the Transcript Request Form or click on the  online transcript request form to complete the form online. The printed form can be faxed, mailed, or emailed back to the address or fax number at the top of the form with a handwritten signature. In order to complete the online form, a device with a touch screen or a computer with a mouse is required in order to digitally sign the form. 


Carl Sandburg College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse and Parchment to provide transcript ordering via the Web.

National Student Clearinghouse

Log in to the National Student Clearinghouse secure site. National Student Clearinghouse charges a processing fee per mailing address for each Carl Sandburg College transcript. For support using Clearinghouse’s online service, please contact (703) 742-7791 or


Log in to the Parchment secure site to request an electronic transcript. Carl Sandburg College has a paid subscription with Parchment services, so there is no fee for sending transcripts through Parchment. For Parchment support, please view their customer support page.


The student must meet the College’s graduation requirements to be awarded a degree, diploma, or certificate. Program requirements may be found in the catalog.

  1. Candidates for graduation must complete an application for every academic award they plan to receive.   Application deadlines established by the Records & Registration Office are published on the Sandburg web site, in the College catalog, and in the student handbook. Conferral dates will be at the end of the fall semester, spring semester, or summer term. It is the responsibility of the student to know and to observe the requirements of their curriculum and the rules governing academic work.
  2. Students must satisfy all requirements, including program credit totals, in effect at the time of enrollment in their program. These requirements must be completed within five years of the first term of program enrollment. If program requirements are not satisfied within five years of the first term of program enrollment, students must complete the program requirements effective at the time of their program completion.  If an award conferral is approved the conferral date will be reflective of the term for which the application for graduation was submitted.
  3. Students may always opt to follow current program requirements. Students who are currently completing program requirements when program curriculum changes may opt to follow the new academic program requirements.
  4. Students must earn a minimum program cumulative 2.0 grade-point average for all courses applicable to their program.
    Certain programs may require minimum grades in specific courses.
    Certain programs may require a higher program cumulative grade point average.
  5. A minimum of 1/3 of semester credit hours applicable to the award being conferred must be completed at Carl Sandburg College.
  6. Candidates for graduation who earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.50 in coursework applicable to their program of study will graduate with program honors. Program honors are listed on a student’s transcript.
  7. Adjustments may be made where the program curriculum has changed, courses are no longer available, or where a credit shortage exists due to transfer credit.  It is the responsibility of the student to know and to observe the requirements of the curriculum and the rules governing academic work.
  8. Diplomas or a notification that program requirements have not been satisfied will be mailed to the student approximately two weeks after final grades have been posted.
    All student academic records, including academic awards, will not be released if the student has an unpaid debt to the College.
    Students who do not satisfy program requirements must submit a new graduation application indicating the term they will complete the program.
  9. Students not currently enrolled may be evaluated by the Records & Registration Office and conferred selective awards without student notification. Students must meet all requirements as outlined in this procedure.

Apply for graduation

Transferring Credit to Sandburg

Students who have attended other colleges or universities may submit an official transcript for evaluation of credit toward their degree or certificate at Carl Sandburg College. For transfer credit policies, please visit the Academic Credit page of the current academic catalog.

Credit may also be awarded based on military service, DANTES or USAF coursework, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, Advanced Placement (AP) exams, Biliteracy Seal of Approval, and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. For more information, please review our academic catalog. Required score information is available in the Credit Granting Guide.

Transferring to another Institution

For some students, Carl Sandburg College is a final destination. For others, we provide an opportunity for students to receive a less expensive option to receive quality instruction before attending a four-year college/university. While you may not have decided where to go or what to study, there are people at Sandburg that are qualified to guide you through your decision-making process.

Carl Sandburg College has a General Education curriculum that will allow you to take courses that will enable you to complete your degree and/or pursue a Bachelor’s degree upon completion here. Sandburg has individual learning as its number one priority and we offer student-centered classes, faculty and programs that provide the academic skills needed for successful transfer to other institutions.

Transferring to a four-year college or university from Carl Sandburg College can easily be achieved by following these steps:

  1. Earn one of the transfer degrees outlined in our catalog and select Carl Sandburg College courses that match the freshman and sophomore requirements of the four-year school you plan to attend. Check the course equivalencies by working with your advisor and visiting our Transfer Course Equivalency Guides or by using the iTransfer website.
  2. Complete an educational plan with your advisor and follow it. You may view your plan through Student Planner in mySandburg.
Reverse Transfer

It is not unusual for students at a community college to transfer to a four-year college or university before completing their requirements for an Associate's degree. Student may still be able to obtain their degree from Sandburg while taking classes at a different institution. While the traditional method of transferring credits involves sending credits from a two-year to a four-year college or university, "reverse transfer" is a term that refers to sending earned credits that are obtained at a university to be transferred back to the community college in order to finish degree requirements.

It is helpful to have a degree on your resume when pursuing employment opportunities. Students who have completed at least 15 credit hours toward their degree at Sandburg may be eligible to pursue this option if some general education courses have been completed successfully at a different institution.

Questions regarding the reverse transfer process can be directed to the Admission & Records department at 309.341.5233

College and University Partnerships

Carl Sandburg College has established partnership agreements with 4-year colleges and universities to ease the transition for our students to their chosen transfer school. Current Sandburg students may speak with their academic advisor regarding these partnerships.

University partnerships

Meet the Staff

Angela Snow, Assistant Registrar

Margaret Kidd, Admissions & Records Specialist

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, commonly known as FERPA, is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Students have specific, protected rights regarding the release of such records and FERPA requires that institutions adhere strictly to these guidelines. For more information, please visit our FERPA page.


Records & Registration Office
Location: Main Campus E100
Phone: 309.341.5260
Fax: 309.344.3291